#Don't fire your Terra Sigillate/burnished pot over 950C/1720F; otherwise, it will diminish the shine.
Clay Slip + deflocculates or sodium silicate (allow fine Particles to float freely)
- Transparent plastic jar/glass
- Mix 2 kg water/2 liter + 1 kg Clay + 25g deflocculate
- Let it sit for 24 hours
- The lighter particles rise to the top
- The heavy particles sink at the bottom
- Only use the middle-level slip for Terra Sigillate
- Slightly spray with water (recommend) before brushing on a bone dry surface with 1-3 coat all at once
- Smooth the surface with soft cloth/plastic bag sheet (the white thin one work better)
- Bisque firing to cone 018 before pit firing..etc.